Monday, November 19, 2007

Urban Nature

Went on my sportive walk around and saw two tawny owls standing on high wires apart from each other, watching over the fields stretching to the east of the town where I live. I was so surprised and pleased to see the first one I stared it into flying away and the other flew away to run down a small rodent, which I'm afraid my somewhat fangirl-ish staring frightened off of it. I did hear something screeching miserably, but the owl flew away with empty claws. Kinda makes me feel guilty, but it's been raining pretty hard all day today so the rodents are all out of their borrows looking for new ones and I'm sure the owl found another meal. Still, it was pretty fucking awesome seeing it run down that poor little rodent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I wish I could see owls around my neighborhood. I think I've only seen an owl once outside of a zoo.

(I've also been trying to comment on your blog for a while, but the comment box kept rejecting me.)

-twsakura