Fun Link Time, the time of gathering of fun links to share:
1. Featherlight-skulled dino had a vacuum-like mouth of tiny teeth, and paper-thin vertebras! Grazing on grass and horsetails like modern day cows, study says. Whenever I see these reanimations of dinos I have to wonder where the artists who drew them took the colors from. I mean, once I saw on Walking with the Dinosoars about this dino who flushes blood to bony plates on his back to startle predators. I mean....c'mon, guys, how do you know that? How can you tell, from a bunch of dried bones, that this is what they'd do against predators?
2. Crazy scientists invent robotic sheepdog for cockroaches. Just kidding, it's a tiny robot wrapped in roach-smelling paper (FTW? and where can I get me somma dat) that's used for studying swarm and herd behavior. The guys say they're not interested in their future conclusion's implications on human behavior, that's the spirit, boys!
3. Marc van Roosmalen's amazing work in the Amazon deep reveals new mamal species yet unseen before. The guy actuaqlly found a new big cat, if that's not mindboggling I don't know what is, it's just amazing, isn't it? That man's book is SO on my next birthday's wishlist!
4. New record broken on cat-worshipping as humans drives to pick up traveling cat by car each morning. Ladies and gentlemen, we can get any more sucker-y than this when it comes to cats, can we? When it comes to new tricks cats teach us to do, it seems that the sky's the limit.
5. In memory of my beloved Mr Poopy Pants who has definitely falled victim to Sam's curiosity and bottomless apetite (mom caught him nibbling on Poopy's plant leafes so he's definitely the culprit) I give you some Photogenic Caterpillars and other lovelies of the Thai forests. Poor Poopy, I'll never forget you *sobs*
6. The city of New Delhi is facing a new enemy as thousands of monkeys overrun it, injuring citizens and overtaking buildings. The monkeys are sacred to the hindus and therefore any violent acts to fight this problem is out of the question, gatta love that too, huh. However, as the monkeys start meddling with local politics stuff gets serious. Good luck, Indian friends!
7. Beautiful jellyfish pictures taken in the Osaka aquarium and some in the open sea. Such simple animals, the jellyfish, yet they're so splendid <3
8. A lovely description in art of the human body as a machine. I particularly love the brain bit and the brain stem.
9. Ever thought your language has cool phrases? Well, think again, because some languages have the coolest phrases out there, check it out!
That's all for today!