Saturday, February 2, 2008

Animal Behavior, LJ drama, Book Report and kitty picture bombardment

Animal Behavior: I love this course, not just because its about a subject I know a lot about, but also because it teaches me a lot about stuff I really, really love, with lots of cool animal examples. There's historical background, which is always good and a nice teacher who knows a lot about what he's talking about. He's naming a lot of things I read about and watched on TV and a lot of stuff I notices. Wonderful fun stuff.

LJ drama: Slashers can be stupid, fledgling fangirls can be stupid too, but having been the latter and taken shit from older girls I (hope) I have a slightly less dramatic attitude to drama attempts. The problem starts when I need to make it clear to the other girl that I'm not starting drama, that this is an exchange of opinions, that there's no need to bristle. Ah, well. With university and the BF supplying enough RL for me now, all this internetz nonsense looks so small...

Book Report: Finished Ender's Game....yes....I ate this one in one sitting; which is vary rare for me in books, never mind how much I love books.
It's a great book, not a perfect book, but a great book nonetheless. The plot is captivating, the sci-fi element is not ridiculous and the characters are believable and real. This is more of a psychological book than a sci-fi one.
Scott is a master psychologist but not a master writer; the ending was far too rushed for my taste (though there was closure, thus saving the reader from bitter disappointment and how Scott earns my respect) and one chapter was a little disjointed but the captivation this book inspired on me makes it completely forgivable.
I'm so, so happy the BF got me this wonderful reading experience; submerging into a book is such a pleasant spiritual experience for me <3

Next up: Churchill's The Second World War vol. 2; Their Finest Hour and you just know he'll be raving about the navy until there'll be foam at the corners of his mouth.

And now, some kitty pictures bombardment: this time the theme is 'it's a hard knock life to be a cat.
Seriously, the poor things are really having it tough lately....NOT!

Though they are getting quite old enough to start showing some behaviors...Sam's family jewels are getting dark and big (I'm not a pervert; I'm a biology student and am looking at things in a purely scientific way) and Scarlett's developed a taste to rolling around on surfaces. They're still very third grade about romance but they're getting towards an age where hormones won't ask them what they want.

Photobucket

See how hard it is to be a cat in my house? tssk, we really aught to cut them some slack, those poor little babies.

Sam likes water. He really loves water. He'll sit for hours with his chin in the water, leaning on the water bowl (we joke he's waiting by the water hole for the antelopes and gazelles to arrive...), plods around in the balcony when dad's smoking after it rained and getting his precious mitts muddy. Lately he started investigating the toilet bowl. After he grew big enough to no longer be in danger of drowning, we stopped closing the lid and he started exploring the new 'fountain'. I heard raggies are dog-like, but this is ridiculous! Anyways, here's him by the kitchen faucet.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

*Shamelessly showing off teh BF with Scarlett* Scarlett's really taken to my BF as he to her, but it's only because the little fur devil's an attention hog and will come fluff up to him shamelessly. When the BF reaches for Sam the little guy either runs or stays for a pet or two like a good little doggy.
Photobucket

It's a hard knock life, for them
Photobucket

Cats have to always look dignified. Always!. Here's Scarlett looking perfectly dignified in a bag.
Photobucket

"What's funny, lowly human?"
Photobucket

Sleeping little devil princess
Photobucket

Photobucket

Be weary of the godly glow from Sun!cat
Photobucket

Unlike Scarlett, Sam's completely ignorant to the magic of sun beams. Never saw a cat who could resist the sun, but Sam is a remarkable cat. He'd rather spend his time on the bathroom floor, where it's cool. It's pretty cold here lately yet he refuses the treat of the sun, maybe he's just too hot in all that heavy fur. Who knows. Here's Scarlett in a sun beam.
Photobucket

Sam's "come hither" pose
Photobucket

Here's a cat from my university, standing on an original pole from a roman-time temple which is a part of the small archaeological garden bit the university has there. But the cat's more important. I approached the little fluff ball and scratched the base of its tail and it started licking the air and moving his head funny, making passing-by students look at the two of us funny (I was standing on tip-toe and grinning like an idiot)
Photobucket

Scarlett on the printer. Her ears look bigger than they really are in this picture; her ears are actually quite tiny.
Photobucket

And now, Sam interrupting my research project's work and general computer faring by wanting belly rubs. He's really clingy lately, probably because I'm spending a lot of time in university and with the BF and he's missing me (aww, sweet little bunny)
Photobucket

Belly rubs!!
Photobucket

Belleh rubs!
Photobucket

Gimmi belleh rubs or I won't let you type! (and kill you with teh cute)
Photobucket

Thus ends another episode of Sam and Scarlett's horrible, rough life.

2 comments:

Michal Wright-Ward said...

"Good..." (rubs paws fiendishly) "The fluffy takeover is going as planned. Soon, another family will be completely within or control. two down, a couple billion more to go. Whahahah!" (laughtes maniacally)
(from the other room - ) "Suki! Where are you you floofy poofy pants? Come here and get a belly rub, and then a snack!" (smiles)"See? Told you"

Meirav Rath said...

Kitty takeover by fluff, indeed. And I can't think of a better foothold over humanity than our family, honestly; we're such cast bitches the lot of us *sigh*