Saturday, June 14, 2008

Book report

* A friend from uni forwarded my cat survey to his friends and they've been sending me back what is now the bulk of the Israeli voice in my survey. Thank you, Zohar!!

* Finished The Book Thief and here's the review:

The Book Thief The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
When I started reading this book I thought there was too much kitsch in it but then I told myself I've been reading too much documentry history books that human emotions seem like kitsch to me. Also, Zusak's writing swept me like a tidal wave.



This book really has everything; exact history, two sides of a coin, the whole ugly truth, and a boog plot. Sometimes it's got kitsch history moments but this book wouldn't become so glorified and admired by so many people if it hadn't had some pointless kitsch.



It's a wonderful, captivating read and it's written brilliantly, despite its slight amount of kitsch. I suppose saying it's not a human being narrating the book but death makes it some kind of an excuse to kitsch. I guess.



Still, it's a lovely book as is highly recomended!


View all my reviews.

Am now reading Francis Wheen's Karl Marx

No comments: