Saturday, May 17, 2008

LOL

* Tomorrow's invert lab is about flat worms, hooraah!

* I gave the nuts at cat_macros a gathering of the best Sam and Scarlett pics and this is what they came up with:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

* Finished reading Salmon of Doubt and here's the Goodreads review:

It's a great shame that not only did we lose Douglas Adams as a writer, lecturer, protector of endangered species and funny man in general, but also that The Salmon of Doubt was never completed.

This book is a gathering of Adams' interviews, half-made ideas, small stories, lectures, articles and three chapters from his to-be new Drik Gently book. His writing is, as usual, timeless and wonderful, a treasurechest of wit and enlightening little remarks about the world humans in it and the techn...more It's a great shame that not only did we lose Douglas Adams as a writer, lecturer, protector of endangered species and funny man in general, but also that The Salmon of Doubt was never completed.

This book is a gathering of Adams' interviews, half-made ideas, small stories, lectures, articles and three chapters from his to-be new Drik Gently book. His writing is, as usual, timeless and wonderful, a treasurechest of wit and enlightening little remarks about the world humans in it and the technology we create.

It's a wonderful book and I highly recommend it.

Next up: A Historical Achievement and its Evolution by the Ben Guriun institution of Israeli studies. The name alone is a mis-use of the term 'evolution' but I'm being a petty nerd saying that.

* And speaking of Goodreads, I've just discovered I can manually type in all the too-local-to-be-on-Amazon books!! That's great, now I can type in all the holocaustic stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol. I see your cats are still being funny. And I see you read a lot also. I used to do that a lot when I was younger, but now I've basically been reading only fanfic. It's so bad. XD