Friday, July 18, 2008

*silent maniac laughter*

* The semester, and with it my second year in uni, is over. I have 2/3s of a BA. This also means test season is upon me. Next week's going to be fun:
Sunday + Monday + Tuesday: Invert lab trip
Wednesday: A revision class before the test in evolution, at noone.
Thursday: a 9 hour long revision lab in invert lab
Friday: Evolution test

Fun stuff, isn't it?

* Finished Churchill's third volume in The Second World War series and here's the review:

The Grand Alliance (Second World War) The Grand Alliance by Winston S. Churchill


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
In this volume, as evens take a faster pace so does the writing. Churchil was never a bad writer, but in the previous volume he didn't quite find the right balance between putting in every memo he ever wrote and every small background history detail.

Events are well told in good details and the sense of interest and intensivity is kep very nicely.

So far, I'm very pleased with this series.


View all my reviews.

Am now reading Stephen King's The Dark Half

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope everything went okay. *hugs*

Meirav Rath said...

I'm fine, just reeling a little...